Cleaning the bathroom can be a tiresome task, but with the help of our "how to clean a bathroom checklist," you will find it relatively simpler. Follow the step by step instructions given below and just for the sake of easy reference, we advise our readers to print out a copy of the checklist as well.
1) The Mirror - Cleaning the mirror is a lot easier than most of the other tasks on this checklist, but it still has to be done. You can either use water and a dishwasher liquid or you can buy a glass cleaner; both will get the job done. Take a soft and fibrous piece of cloth and soak up some of the cleaning liquid. Now, begin to shine the mirror by wiping away until it becomes as clear as it can be.
2) The Sink - A few thorough wipes with a damp piece of cloth should be enough to clean the sink in most cases. If necessary, feel free to add a dish-washing liquid to the dampened cloth. Toothbrushes are perfect for scrubbing out the drain, thanks to their slim build. An old credit card can be quite handy in scraping out dirt from the narrow spaces in between the sink and the counter.
3) The Bathtub - Apply some cleaning liquid on the walls of the tub and scrub in circular motion with the help of a tub-scrubber. Once you are done, use clean water to wash away the liquid completely. Depending on the size of your bathtub, this may take a while.
4) The Toilet - Disinfecting the toilet is one of the most important parts of cleaning the bathroom. Begin by sliding a few fizzy antacid pills right into the toilet bowl. Close the lid and wait for about half an hour before scrubbing and wiping at the inner walls.
5) The Faucets, the Rods and other Fixtures - First, clean the fixtures with a piece of cloth dampened with detergent-water. Next, wipe away the remaining residues with a clean dry piece of cloth.
6) Air Vents - A dusty vent can interfere with the airflow in a bathroom. Use a vacuum cleaner or simply dust the vents off with a brush.
7) The Bathroom Floor - This is one of the more tiresome tasks in the list and we suggest that you start mopping from the farthest corner. Make your way towards the door of the bathroom while mopping from left to right. You will need two buckets of water and a mop for this step. One of the buckets should contain water mixed with a floor-cleaner while the other should just have plain water in it. The technique is to mop one portion of the bathroom floor with the cleaner first and then clean the same area with the clean water, right after.
8) The Cabinets - Shift all medicines and other contents safely away from your cabinets before cleaning them. Moisten a piece of cloth in detergent water and use it to wipe both inner and outer walls of the cabinets. dry off any residual dampness with a fresh piece of cloth. If an area is particularly grimy, scrub with a toothbrush.
9) The Wastebasket - Finally, complete our "how to clean a bathroom checklist" by emptying the wastebasket and cleaning it . In addition to using a cleaning agent, we also suggest adding a disinfectant to the water.
For a complete cleaning checklist for your kitchen visit RealSimple.com